Hibiscus is one of the most eminent herbs for skin and hair. It is rich in antioxidants, called anthocyanocides that protect skin against ultraviolet radiation, can result in premature skin aging. It not only protects skin against radical damage but also have astringent properties that help in reducing the appearance of large pores for a smooth complexion.
The presence of AHAs (alpha hydroxy acid) and BHAs (beta hydroxy acids) together in hibiscus powder helps peel away the dead surface cells and replace them with new, even-toned, spotless skin.
The natural amino acids present in the hibiscus flower help promote hair growth. The amino acids produce a special kind of protein structure called keratin which is a building block for hair and the high amount of mucilage present in the hibiscus flower acts as a natural conditioner. It also prevents premature graying of hair and treats dandruff and itchy scalp.
Some DIYs for Skin with Hibiscus Powder:
· For healthy glowing skin- Mix Hibiscus Powder, Multani Mitti, and Rose Water and make a paste and apply it over the face and neck. Leave for 15-20 mins and wipe off the skin.
· For dry skin- Mix Hibiscus Powder with curd and apply the paste on the face and neck. Leave for 15-20 mins and wipe off the skin.
Some DIYs for Hair with Hibiscus Powder:
· Hibiscus Hair Oil- Just simply adds hibiscus powder to Coconut oil/Almond Oil and leave it mixture aside for a week. Your Home Made Hibiscus Oil is ready.
· Hibiscus as Hair Conditioner- Mix hibiscus powder with curd. Apply the paste after shampoo and leave for 5-7 mins. Rinse your hair.
· Hibiscus and Amla Powder Hair Growth Pack: Mix equal parts of Amla Powder with Hibiscus powder and add water to it and apply the paste on the scalp and leave for 20-30 mins and wash with a mild cleanser.